For decades, most corporate phone systems were powered by on-premise PBX hardware.
Legacy PBX systems once provided key advantages, but those benefits are now outweighed by major cost drawbacks and severely limited functionality. Traditional PBX hardware is inflexible and lacks the scalability to adapt to the ebb and flow of business. It hinders true mobile device integration and the seamless connectivity of remote workers and multiple locations. Additionally, onsite hardware requires a significant upfront investment that is expensive to maintain. Simply put, on-premise PBX phone systems are cost-prohibitive and impede even the most basic forms of modern communication.
Benefits of virtual PBX
Maximize uptime and safeguard your data.
- On-premise PBX systems do offer some measure of security, since they are physically controlled by a specialized IT team or service business vendors. However, it is precisely this environment that leaves your phone PBX vulnerable to a security breach or natural disaster. A virtual PBX eliminates these threats.
- VETS' cloud PBX is housed in bi-coastal, Tier 1 data centers and features multiple layers of redundancy, failover technology, physical and biometric security, encryption, system hardening, and 24/7 monitoring. With VETS, your valuable company data and communications are protected by enterprise-grade security.
- Ensure business continuity during emergencies or disruptions. In the event of a power outage, inclement weather, or a major disaster in your area, your operations can continue without interruption. With the mobile app, employees can call, fax, text, and host conference calls and online meetings using their smartphones or tablets. Even if internet service is unavailable or of low quality, the mobile app can use cellular voice and data networks.
- Maximize uptime and quality of service (QoS) for your phone PBX with carrier-grade reliability. What does “carrier-grade reliability” really mean? VETS’ operations are co-located in world-class data centers with all of the major US telecom companies, so response times and interconnect services are the same as those provided by the titans of telecommunications.
- Accommodating sales staff who are always on the go or people who work at client sites or from home offices is smart business. Unlike traditional PBX systems, VETS virtual PBX systems provide your employees with the freedom and the flexibility to work more efficiently, no matter where they are. When people are empowered to work where and how they choose, their productivity increases—and so does your company’s bottom line.